- 4 sections: Open, Team 600, Team 500 and Team 400.
- Sunday 9th. April 2017
- Moreton Hall Community Centre, Symonds Road, Bury St. Edmunds IP32 7EE
- Teams consist of 4 players from the EACU but not necessarily from the same club.
- EACU players are those living in or from clubs located in or
affiliated to Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk or
- Also eligible are people born in the county, 5 years residence
in the county at any time, or currently attending a school college or
university in the county.
- The Team 600 is for teams with an aggregate grade of 600 or less in
the January list though for this calculation anyone with a grade under
100 will be taken as 100.
- The Team 500 is a team with an aggregate grade of 500 or less though
for this calculation anyone with a grade under 75 will be taken as 75.
- The Team 400 is for teams with an aggregate grade of 400 or less though
for this calculation anyone with a grade under 50 will be taken as 50.
- There will be a cash prize for the team with most game points in each
category but the number and value of prizes will depend on the number of
- The event uses the county match format of 2 rounds starting at 10.00
and 2.30. If digital clocks are available for all boards of a match, the
standard time control will be 36 moves in 80 minutes, followed by 10
finish the game, with an increment of 15 seconds per move from move
- The exact format of the competition will depend on the number of
entries. The entry fee is £20 per team payable on the day. Any player
who is not a member of the ECF needs to pay an extra £5. The clubs that
won the top division of the six EACU county leagues (Bedfordshire,
Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Bury League) in the
last season are entitled to enter a team of entirely their club players
at half price into the Open.
- Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.
- Enquiries and entries should be made to email@example.com or to 01223
842197. Entries by 28th March if possible please though an early
indication that you might raise a team would also be much appreciated.
Later entries at the organiser's discretion.
- If you do not have the four players for a team I should be able to put
you in touch with others who would like to play.
- The Dons June Swiss begins on Monday June 5th.
The Cambridgeshire Rapidplay
- The Cambridgeshire Rapidplay takes place on Sunday 24th September.
- The Norfolk Championship takes place on 30th September and 1st October.
The 35th Bury St Edmunds Congress
- The Bury St Edmunds Congress takes place on 28th and 29th October.
The 3rd Lowestoft Rapidplay
- The Lowestoft rapidplay takes place on Sunday 12th November.
- The Norfolk rapidplay takes place on the 28th January.